MOLESKINE ® LITERARIO

Notas al vuelo en cuaderno Moleskine® .

Perder

Elizabeth Bishop. Foto: Marc Jacobs/ shoe york city


ONE ART

The art of losing isn't hard to master;
so many things seem filled with the intent
to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel.

None of these will bring disaster.
I lost my mother's watch. And look! my last, or
next-to-last, of three loved houses went.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,
some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.

---Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident
the art of losing's not too hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.

Elizabeth Bishop

Pero yo no te quiero perder.

Etiquetas: , , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:35 a. m.

Ala Iván, por la csmmm que buen poema. Gracias.    



12:47 p. m.

nice, thays, esa foto es estupenda, que mejor regalo que un taco, y un libro, lo que falta es un lapiz labial.
genial.saludos.    



1:06 p. m.

AHI SALIO EL CRITICO AGREGA, SERIO COMO SIEMPRE, PARA DECIR LA VERDAD SOBRE LOS MAS VENDIDOS. OJITO OJITO:

Listas recientes de los libros más vendidos en nuestro país. Las fuentes son las librerías El Virrey, Crisol y Perubookstore.


El Virrey

1 Veinte peruanos del siglo XX. Varios Autores (PUCP)
2 Confesiones de Tamara Fiol. Miguel Gutiérrez (Alfaguara)
3 El mundo según Monsanto. Marie-Monique Robin. (Península)
4 Gomorra. Roberto Saviano. (Debate)
5 Un lugar llamado Oreja de Perro. Iván Thays (Anagrama)



Crisol

Ficción:
1 Crepúsculo. Stephenie Meyer (Alfaguara)
2 Luna nueva. Stephenie Meyer (Alfaguara)
3 Eclipse. Stephenie Meyer (Alfaguara)
4 Amanecer. Stephenie Meyer (Alfaguara)
5 El viaje del elefante. José Saramago (Alfaguara)

No ficción
1 Horóscopo chino 2009. Ludovica Squirru (Atlántida)
2 Cocina peruana. Walter Wust (edición del autor)
3 La crisis económica mundial. Varios autores (Oveja negra)
4 Tras la guerra fría. Farid Kahhat (Fondo Editorial del Congreso)
5 Cambio de palabras. César Hildebrandt (Tierra Nueva)



Perubookstore

1 El canalla sentimental. Jaime Bayly (Planeta)
2 Amanecer. Stephenie Meyer (Alfaguara)
3 Obras completas. Washington Delgado (Universidad de Lima)
4 Tomando té. Sheila Alvarado (Altea)
5 ¡Habla, jugador! Gajes y oficios de la jerga peruana (Taurus)
6 Fairy Oak. El secreto de las gemelas. Elisabetta Gnone (Marenostrum)
7 Putas es poco. Hernán Migoya (Planeta)
8 Un mundo para Julius. Alfredo Bryce (Peisa-Booket)
9 La madera del alma. Gianmarco Zignago (Planeta)
10 A fin de cuentas. Roberto Reátegui (Planeta)

El único nombre que se repite es el de la escritora estadounidense Stephenie Meyer (Connecticut, 1973) autora de una exitosa saga novelesca de la que podríamos decir: “it’s only teenage wasteland”.

http://agreda.blogspot.com/2009/02/los-mas-vendedores.html    



2:13 p. m.

¡Qué tal flechazo! Uno de los más bellos y románticos poemas en inglés. Imposible no reaccionar.
Comentario frívolo: se entiende el mensaje de esos zapatos tan valentinescos en la foto, pero IVAN!!! protesto porque cualquier objeto, y en particular zapato, asociado con la gran poeta Elizabeth Bishop tiene que ser elegante, adulto y sobrio (por lo menos, digo yo, unos tacos stiletto en gamuza de color 'gunmetal' -es decir el color del vestido de tu amada Kate W. la noche de los Oscars- o negro).
Saludos y ojalá que el poema cumpla su objetivo.

**C.    



2:48 p. m.

yo no te quiero esperar…

excepto en la casa de Ivan…

Hola, Amigo. Un poema mas para tu…

El Gallo


In the Waiting Room by Elizabeth Bishop

In Worcester, Massachusetts,
I went with Aunt Consuelo
to keep her dentist's appointment
and sat and waited for her
in the dentist's waiting room.
It was winter. It got dark
early. The waiting room
was full of grown-up people,
arctics and overcoats,
lamps and magazines.
My aunt was inside
what seemed like a long time
and while I waited I read
the National Geographic
(I could read) and carefully
studied the photographs:
the inside of a volcano,
black, and full of ashes;
then it was spilling over
in rivulets of fire.
Osa and Martin Johnson
dressed in riding breeches,
laced boots, and pith helmets.
A dead man slung on a pole
--"Long Pig," the caption said.
Babies with pointed heads
wound round and round with string;
black, naked women with necks
wound round and round with wire
like the necks of light bulbs.
Their breasts were horrifying.
I read it right straight through.
I was too shy to stop.
And then I looked at the cover:
the yellow margins, the date.
Suddenly, from inside,
came an oh! of pain
--Aunt Consuelo's voice--
not very loud or long.
I wasn't at all surprised;
even then I knew she was
a foolish, timid woman.
I might have been embarrassed,
but wasn't. What took me
completely by surprise
was that it was me:
my voice, in my mouth.
Without thinking at all
I was my foolish aunt,
I--we--were falling, falling,
our eyes glued to the cover
of the National Geographic,
February, 1918.

I said to myself: three days
and you'll be seven years old.
I was saying it to stop
the sensation of falling off
the round, turning world.
into cold, blue-black space.
But I felt: you are an I,
you are an Elizabeth,
you are one of them.
Why should you be one, too?
I scarcely dared to look
to see what it was I was.
I gave a sidelong glance
--I couldn't look any higher--
at shadowy gray knees,
trousers and skirts and boots
and different pairs of hands
lying under the lamps.
I knew that nothing stranger
had ever happened, that nothing
stranger could ever happen.

Why should I be my aunt,
or me, or anyone?
What similarities--
boots, hands, the family voice
I felt in my throat, or even
the National Geographic
and those awful hanging breasts--
held us all together
or made us all just one?
How--I didn't know any
word for it--how "unlikely". . .
How had I come to be here,
like them, and overhear
a cry of pain that could have
got loud and worse but hadn't?

The waiting room was bright
and too hot. It was sliding
beneath a big black wave,
another, and another.

Then I was back in it.
The War was on. Outside,
in Worcester, Massachusetts,
were night and slush and cold,
and it was still the fifth
of February, 1918.    



4:04 p. m.

Yo tampoco.    



8:48 p. m.

Excelente post Iván, siempre estoy pendiente de tu blog.
Debo confesar, hice lo mismo con el poema, e intuyo recibí la misma respuesta.

Saludos desde Ecuador    



9:19 a. m.

Un arte

"El arte de perder no es difícil para el dueño;
ya que muchas cosas parecieron llenas con su abstracta pérdida, que su pérdida no fue un desastre.

Peder algo cada día. Aceptar el miedo de perder las llaves de la puerta, la hora malamente gastada.
El arte de perder no es difícil para el dueño.

Luego practicar perdiendo a distancia, perdiendo velozmente:
lugares, nombres, y donde eso sólo fue un viaje.

Nada de eso traerá una desastre.
Yo perdi mi reloj de madre. ¡Y mira! mi última, mi penúltima, de tres amadas casas se fueron.
El arte de perder no es difícil para el dueño.

Yo perdí dos ciudades, encantadoras ellas. Y, vaster (?), algún reino que es mio, dos ríos, un continente. Los extraño, pero no fue un desastre.

Hasta perdiéndote (la voz bromista, un gesto que amo) yo no mentire. Es evidente, el arte de perder no es difícil para el dueño
aunque pueda parecer bonito (escríbelo), es desastre".


Ivan, me tome al intento de traducir el poema, no creo que la traducción sea idónea, sobre todo en la parte final. Por favor, podrías hacerlo tú.

PD: También espero que el poema haya derribado sus muros.

Saludos.    



1:32 p. m.

bellisimo y ,,,,,me hace pensar que a algunas personas nuncas las perderas a pesar de todo

saludos
I    



10:00 a. m.

hey! That's my photo. www.shoeyorkcity.com    



» Publicar un comentario